Do you know that most of the cleaning products available contain chemicals that are extremely harmful to you and the environment? – Eco-friendly cleaning products are a reliable solution and easy alternative!
- Chemical-based cleaning products are pricey and have ingredients such as ammonia, fragrance, and more that can harm the environment and trigger health issues. How are the eco-friendly cleaning products better?
- Natural and eco-friendly cleaning products are less expensive, healthier for you, help your belongings last longer, create a safer atmosphere for you and your family, and more.
- The best way to have an eco-friendly home is to DIY what you can, use eco-friendly detergent only and replace your big machines with an ultrasonic cleaner!
Read on to find out!
Why You Should Stop Using Chemical-Based Cleaning Products.
If you check the label of many of the home cleaning products you will see warnings like flammable, irritant, poison, corrosive and more.
Unfortunately, most of us turn a blind eye to these warnings. Also, you will see ammonia, anti-bacterial compounds, fragrance, chlorine, perchloroethylene, and more as part of the ingredients. But how well do you pay attention to the ingredients?
What effects can chemical-based cleaning products have on your health?
These warnings and ingredients have effects that are dangerous to your health and the environment. Some of the common effects include eye burns, esophagus burns, allergies and irritation, and neurological, reproductive. Also, chemicals can cause respiratory issues, hormone disruption, throat burns, skin burns, poisoning, and death. The list can go on and on. No doubt, the best way out is to go green!
Benefits of going green
One sure solution to maintain good health, stay safe, and also keep your environment and family safe when cleaning your home is to use eco-friendly products. They are cost-effective, healthier for you, improve overall indoor air quality, increase the longevity of your Items, and make the environment safe as they contain ingredients from non-renewable resources and that are non-biodegradable. Also, eco-friendly products reduce the chances of respiratory infections, skin and eye irritations, chemical poisoning, and more.
Now that you know how beneficial using eco-friendly cleaning products at home can be, we assume you need the best cleaning products and how to use them. Read further for more knowledge!
What Are The Best Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products You Can Use At Home?
There are tons of eco-friendly cleaning products that you can use to give your home the best eco- friendly cleaning. If we start mentioning them, the list might never end.
To help you give your home the best eco-friendly cleaning here are the reliable tips you can follow.
1. Use an ultrasonic cleaner, the best alternative to your big machine!
For more than 60 years, the ultrasonic cleaner has been improving cleaning efficiency in industries and homes. Over time, the cleaning machine has grown more powerful and efficient. It is the best eco-friendly alternative to your big machines. There are many ultrasonic cleaners out there, and Sonic Soak is one of the best that can be recommended for effective eco-friendly cleaning. Some of the benefits of ultrasonic cleaners like Sonic Soak for eco-friendly cleaning in your home are:
- They are tailored to meet specific needs – ultrasonic cleaners can clean a wide range of items in your home without taking a toll on the item and your health. If you want to give your kitchenware, tableware, baby items, and more an eco-friendly cleaning without hassle, the ultrasonic cleaning machine is a perfect choice. Also, the machine can be used for cleaning food items such as vegetables and fruits.
Apart from all the items mentioned, you could also do your laundry and wash your clothes clean and safely using the ultrasonic cleaner. With ultrasonic cleaners like Sonic Soak, you can say goodbye to big cleaning machines!
- Ultrasonic cleaners clean at a microscopic scale – with Sonic Soak you can get rid of 99.9% of bacteria and contaminants. This is possible because the machine cleans at a microscopic scale. No chemical is needed to get this done, all you need is water, and the machine will get the job done. However, you can get a more effective result by adding eco-friendly solutions.
- They are good for the environment – when you have an ultrasonic cleaner such as the Sonic Soak, you can achieve a second to known eco-friendly cleaning without using much water and energy. Unlike the other cleaning machines in your home, the ultrasonic cleaning machine uses 15-times less energy and 40-times less water.
Apart from being eco-friendly, it will go a long way to save you some extra cost on your bills.
Also, ultrasonic cleaners create long-term cost efficiency, are gentle on items, easy to use, and convenient to take anywhere. No doubt, there are many benefits and a lot of things to know about ultrasonic cleaning machine when it comes to eco-friendly cleaning.
2. DIY what you can!
The DIY ingredients include:
- Apple cider vinegar and white vinegar – Remove microbial contamination, stains, and dirt
- Baking soda – Natural deodorizer, degreaser, polish, sanitizer, and stain remover
- Lemon - Natural disinfectant and stain remover
- Peroxide - Stain remover
- Essential oils – Removes dirt and polishes the surface of items, but more than that, essential oils will give your cleaning solutions a nicer smell than some ingredients like white vinegar. Do not hesitate to add a few drops in any of your solutions!
The simple DIY steps to give your home an eco-friendly cleaning are:
A. Safely clean your kitchenware – a kitchen is a place where you prepare food for yourself and the family, so eco-friendly cleaning can help keep things safe for you. Baking Soda will help you clean most of your kitchenware, even though the most efficient way would be the ultrasonic cleaner. It will safely and effectively get rid of germs, dirt, bacteria, and other contaminants in an eco-friendly way. No harsh chemicals to contaminate your food or damage your kitchenware.
B. Wash your clothes safely – White vinegar will help you to remove stains and baking soda can remove unpleasant odors and soften your cloth.
C. Make your toilet bowls shine – toilet rings and other abnormal appearance in your toilet bowl can be disgusting and make your toilet look unsanitary. Give your bowl an eco-friendly cleaning by using baking soda and white vinegar. Measure a cup of white vinegar, swish it around the toilet bowl, and let it sit for some minutes. Then add a cup of baking soda, swish it around the bowl and let it sit for more than an hour. After that, flush the toilet to rinse it. If any stains remain, you can use an eco-friendly toilet bowl ring remover such as Pumie toilet bowl ring remover.
D. Brighten your tiles and make them sparkly – when the grout between your tiles are dirty, or the film is hazy then you know it is time to do more than sweeping. To prevent mold which can be unhealthy and unsightly from accumulating give your tiles an eco-cleaning.
- Sweep your tiles to get rid of loose debris and dirt
- Mix about a ½ cup of white vinegar and mix it with a gallon of warm water in a bucket
- For the moldy areas pour some quantity inside the spray bottle and spray the vinegar solution on the moldy areas and scrub it off.
- For the whole tile, dip a clean mop into the vinegar solution in the bucket, remove excess water, and mob the tiles thoroughly
E. Get rid of clogged drains – using a strainer can help prevent your drains from clogging. Also, you can pour hot water down the drain once every week if you cook with a lot of oils to prevent clogging. But in case your drain clogs, firstly use a plunger for a faster and better solution than chemical-based solutions. If the plunger does not work, follow the simple step below.
- Boil water in a pot or kettle and pour it down the drain
- Pour half cup of baking soda in the drain and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Then mix one cup of vinegar with one cup of hot water and pour it in the drain
- Cover the drain to let the foaming pressure do its job.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes again and flush with another pot of hot water
F. Clean wood surfaces – to give your wood furniture, wood floors and other wood surfaces the best eco-friendly cleaning you need vinegar, an essential oil such as olive oil, and water. For wood furniture, mix one teaspoon oil and one cup of white vinegar in a 1 gallon of hot water. Use a soft, clean rag to clean and polish the surfaces. For wood floors, use ¼ to a ½ cup of white vinegar. Before you clean the wood furniture, ensure you remove the cushion and hardware where needed.
G. Clean your windows and make them shine – you can give your windows and other glass surfaces such as mirror an eco-friendly cleaning by using white vinegar. Mix an equal measurement (50/50) of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray it on the window and use a microfiber cloth to wipe the window. Other alternatives include mixing a few drops of lemon or eco-friendly liquid detergent with water.
H. Ditch air fresheners but keep fresh air – most air fresheners contain chemicals that can disrupt your hormones. So don’t harm yourself or your loved ones. The best air freshener for your home is to open the window when you can. Also, you can put baking soda or a few drops of essential oil in water and spray around. I. Make your oven clean- baking soda to your rescue again. Sprinkle baking soda in the oven and ensure it touches every area. Then sprinkle water on it and allow it to sit for some hours or overnight. After that, scrub the oven, scrape off the baking soda, and wipe the surface clean.
I. Make your oven clean- baking soda to your rescue again. Sprinkle baking soda in the oven and ensure it touches every area. Then sprinkle water on it and allow it to sit for some hours or overnight. After that, scrub the oven, scrape off the baking soda, and wipe the surface clean.
J. Get rid of bacteria and odor from your dishwasher – you can achieve an eco-friendly cleaning by pouring two cups of white vinegar into the safe bowl of your dishwasher and set it on the top rack. Then allow your dishwasher to run one cycle to refresh it.
3. Buy eco-friendly cleaning products when you can’t DIY!
If you can’t DIY a cleaning solution and tool, you can buy eco-friendly cleaning products. These include all-purpose cleaners, laundry detergent, bathroom cleaners, E-cloth for cleaning the window and other surfaces, toilet bowl ring remover, and more. Take note that all these eco-friendly products are made available by different brands with the top ones, including Method, Dr. Bronner’s, Molly's Suds, ECO, and more.
Finally, making eco-friendly decisions and choices can go a long way to making you, your family, your home, and environment healthy and safe to live in.