One truth that is hard to deny is that keeping our items clean is one of the many steps we need to take if we want to maintain good hygiene and live a healthy life. Due to the cleanliness requirements, there are lots of cleaners made available on the market to meet your needs. But the question is “how many of the cleaners do the job right?” As the bar of cleanliness level has been increasing over the years, ultrasonic cleaning machines have been made available, and they are known to do a better job. Are you wondering how possible this claim is? Read through as I show you the top 3 reasons why ultrasonic wash gets better results than other cleaners.
How Ultrasonic Wash Do a Better Job
1. Ultrasonic cleaners wash and clean everywhere
In our previous posts, we have talked about the cavitation process, which creates powerful bubbles that clean any item it comes in contact with. But if you are new to ultrasonic cleaning or just hearing about it, let’s take a quick look at how it works. Sound waves move through a liquid such as water and create lots of bubbles, which do the cleaning. The process is what is known as cavitation. If you have ever seen a spinning boat propeller in action, the foam you see in the water is a perfect example of cavitation. You can learn more about the working principle of ultrasonic cleaners by checking our previous posts.
Now, let me ask you a question. Can you wash and clean the tiny and hidden holes on your items such as kitchenware and jewelry with the use of cleaners like spray washers, sponge and soap? I guess it can be a difficult thing to do. The inaccessible parts of your items tend to accumulate and hide more dirt, germ, bacterial, and remnants of food because they are not easily reached when washing your items. This means you need a cleaner that can penetrate everywhere no matter how hidden they are and get rid of the contaminants. This is where the ultrasonic wash does a better job.
The powerful bubbles produced by the portable ultrasonic cleaner reaches everywhere in as much as the liquid you are using to wash can get to the area. No matter how deep and narrow the holes on your items and how complex the item is, the microscopic bubbles created by cavitation will ensure every spot and surface are cleaned. Additionally, if two items are placed on each other or stick to each other, the acoustic energy created by cavitation propagates through the spaces to ensure every surface in the cleaning solution is cleaned completely. With the ultrasonic wash, it means you won’t have some areas appearing cleaner than the other areas. So whether holes on your items, hidden areas, or accessible areas, you will achieve equal cleaning. Ultrasonic cleaning penetrates cracks, blind holes, and recesses. Can spray washers or other cleaners do that? This is one of the reasons why ultrasonic wash gets better results than other cleaners.
2. Ultrasonic washers wash and clean everything
If you take a look at most of the cleaners available, you will notice that there are limitations to what they can clean. For example, a spray washer may not find it easy to clean oily chemicals or grease from a surface. Also, when washing your cooking pot having oil on its surface, you will notice that the surface may still feel slippery after washing and rinsing it. This happens because you have not been able to get rid of the vegetable oil from its surface completely. As for the ultrasonic washer, there is no limit to what it can clean and knock off the surface of your items except viruses and spores. Both might require sterilization to remove them after using an ultrasonic cleaner.
Ultrasonic wash can remove just about any type of carbon, grime, oil, rust, dirt, contaminants, and more. The bubbles strike the surface of the object you want to wash and clean. Then the contaminants or any dirt on it will be dislodged and eliminated from the surface. An ultrasonic washing machine is not limited to cleaning the things mentioned above. Remember, I said it cleans everything!
Interestingly, an ultrasonic cleaner can get rid of pathogens, and this is why ultrasonic wash gets better results than the other cleaners. You probably think that some cleaners can do the same. But at which level? Effective and best portable ultrasonic washers offer 99.9 percent cleanliness to every item you wash with them. It means there is little to no chance of having any pathogen left on your objects, foods, and other items been washed. This eliminates the possibility of instigating resistant organisms and the need for harsh compounds.
According to some carefully controlled studies about an ultrasonic wash, it was discovered that ultrasonic cleaning machines are used in residential and institutional settings and are effective in:
- Destroying bacterial or microbial contamination that can be threatening to humans health and also present a huge concern to health professionals
- Removing microscopic bacterial pathogens and gross contamination that are found on items including the ones involved in sewage
- Improving infection control in hospitals significantly by supplementing it with other cleaning procedures.
3. Ultrasonic cleaning machine has many different uses
- Can a washing machine wash dishes, fruits, and vegetables?
- Can a spray washer or dishwasher wash and clean laundry?
- Can your vegetable purifier clean your dishes?
I guess the short answer that most people will give to these questions is NO! Do you know that there are a vast number of items that you can use ultrasonic wash for? But before an item can be eligible to be washed with an ultrasonic cleaning machine, there are two basic requirements that must be met. You should be able to immerse the items in a liquid without experiencing any damage. Also, the items should be the ones that can be easily dried after washing them. As long as dirt and contaminants can be removed from the surface of the item they are on you can use an ultrasonic wash to remove them. In short, there is hardly an item on Earth you can’t use ultrasonic cleaning for in as much as the item can handle immersion. To get more specific, let us take a look at a list of example items.
- Quartz crystals in cellular phones, computer, television, and radio
- Window blinds
- Food items such as vegetables, meats, fruits, and more
- Parts of automotive including fuel injector nozzles, engine blocks, and more
- Metals, glass, ceramics, and any other thing that is polished, buffed, lapped, or honed
- Components of aerospace such as brake pads, brake caliper, rotors, breather tank, and more
- Cleaning of a firearm, electric units, disk drives, and cleaning of glassware
- Cleaning of jewelry, lenses cleaning, circuit boards and chips, and electric units
- Hypodermic needle stock, substrates, semiconductor components, sub-assemblies, and surgical instruments
- Washing of laundries such as towels, shirt, underwear, and more
- Orthopedic implants, optical components, and nuclear decontamination
- Food manufacturing filling equipment and mechanical assemblies maintenance cleaning
The list of items can go on and on because ultrasonic wash and cleaning machines are very versatile. From the list of items above, you will see that electronic products are mentioned. Most people will be skeptical about the idea of using an ultrasonic cleaner to wash electronics. But you know what? If there are proper drying techniques, you can clean your electronics with a portable ultrasonic machine completely and more quickly than other cleaners. Also, you can keep the equipment and tools from your plants spotless by using ultrasonic cleaners. It reaches every part of the tools and equipment, and save money and time than employees in a company would.
Additionally, ultrasonic cleaning is perfectly safe for fragile items such as ceramic and glass. Using ultrasonic wash will drastically reduce the risk of scratches and other damages because the fragile items will experience less handling. For items that require being super cleaning such as medical equipment, there is no cleaning technology that can be as effective as ultrasonic cleaning. It reduces human handling, contamination, and other error. Furthermore, ultrasonic cleaning machines come in different sizes. This means you can wash and clean blocks, molds, and other large items. However, you might have to consider the operating frequency of the ultrasonic cleaner.
The transducers in ultrasonic cleaning machines produce a specific range of frequencies that are modified to the type of material or item you want to clean. So if you need to clean engine blocks and other tenaciously grimy and highly durable items, you may require ultrasonic machines with 25-kHz frequency. On the other hand, you may require a cleaner with 170-kHz frequency if you want to clean most delicate electronics, pharmaceutical products or items, and medical implants. However, a lot of the ultrasonic cleaners available for residential uses produces between 40-kHz to 90-kHz frequency range. The frequency range offers the best penetration and scrubbing power balance to provide more effective cleaning.
Apart from the top 3 reasons why ultrasonic wash gets better results than other cleaners, there are some additional cost-saving benefits of the units over other cleaning methods. This includes saving on maintenance, saving on labor, and saving on chemicals.
What Makes Ultrasonic Wash Get Better Results Than Other Cleaners?
- Temperature – if you can control the temperature and time, you will be able to achieve consistent and repeatable cleaning. Generally, you can get a better result than other cleaners by keeping your ultrasonic cleaning solution between 1200F and 1400F.
- Liquid surface tension – When the surface tension of the liquid in the ultrasonic cleaner is reduced, the cavitation strength will increase, and this will provide a more effective cleaning and better result.
- Vapor pressure – high vapor pressure produces more bubbles, but low intensity, and low vapor pressure produces fewer bubbles but implode with greater force. However, when the vapor pressure is at a medium level, it is most conducive to ultrasonic activities.
- Density – when the density of the liquid is high intensive cavitation is created, and greater implosive force occurs to give a better result
- Viscosity - cavitation process is promoted by low viscosity, and this helps items that are needed to be cleaned to get a more effective wash.
The effectiveness and versatility of ultrasonic cleaning are matchless. This is why the ultrasonic machine can be used for almost everything from food items, electronics, and fragile items to dusty blinds, laundry, and surgical instruments. However, take note that ultrasonic cleaners cannot clean absolutely anything. It means they also have their limitations. If you want highly reliable ultrasonic cleaning machines that deliver cleaner items and gives better results than other cleaners, you need two things. What are they? You need to decide on the perfect unit and look at the right place.